Saturday, January 29, 2011

London & Germany are calling!!

Share

The photo above has big hair, a little man with a big attitude and me with a mullet. Times have changed. The little man is all grown up with a child on the way. The cherry headed country chic is now married with kids and could tell a few stories about me and angels. Me, I no longer sport a mullet. We've all grown  up and come a long way since this photo was snapped in the 90's.

NEWS:

This week I got word from my editors that we'd sold foreign rights in the UK (London) to an imprint of Random House UK. They've published DH Lawrence, Graham Greene, Anthony Burgess, W. Somerset Maugham and Harper Lee and James Ellroy, Donna Leon, Douglas Coupland, Don Winslow, Paul Harding (last years Pulitzer winner) and many others.

Then a few days later, my editor's emailed with more good news. We sold rights to Germany. The Publisher is Suhrkamp, they've published Beckett, Joyce, Neruda, Proust and Hemingway.

And to reflect back on last year when this all started, we sold to a publisher in Norway and France.

Big THANKS to my editors, the FSG Team and my superwoman agent Stacia for all of the hard work and support. And also to my wife, friends and family on and off of facebook and twitter.

Also, a lot of the older posts have been lost. Me and the blog had it out this morning.

Now back to the writing.  

4 comments: