Thursday, August 25, 2011

Ray Wylie Hubbard

Lord have mercy! Crimes in Southern Indiana is like hearing sticky fingers or shooting a .50AE Desert Eagle the first time.I need to go to confession and ask for God's mercy and forgiveness just for reading this book. Sordid, brilliant, great, and rude. Frank Bill is one cool book writing son of a bitch -Ray Wylie Hubbard-legendary singer/songwriter 

Those are the kind words Ray passed onto me after reading Crimes in Southern Indiana. If you haven't heard of Ray why the hell are you still reading this? The man is a legend. He's influenced the likes of Todd Snider and Hayes Carll. He runs with the troubadour of Texas musicians like James McMurtry, Scott H. Biram and Guthrie Kennard. He's one of the greatest singer/songwriters ever. And I'm happy to call him a friend. He's working on a new album as I write this and I'm betting your mother's retirement and decaying dental that he'll raise the bar once again in the music world by bringing the pain and the grit. So quit huffing exhaust fumes, go buy a seven dollar and sixty-five cent bottle of whiskey and check out Ray Wylie's website.

Updates coming real soon if I can ever catch up on interviews and essays. And as always I appreciate everyone's support and kindness. Keep kicking ass people!

1 comment:

  1. Frank,

    I'd like to review your book for Dangerous Minds (dangerousminds.net). Who's your publicist?

    Marc

    ReplyDelete